The template and details are at:
“To describe a software architecture, we use a model composed of multiple views or perspectives. In order to eventually address large and challenging architectures, the model we propose is made up of five main views
- The logical view, which is the object model of the design (when an object-oriented design method isused),
- the process view, which captures the concurrency, availability, performance and synchronization aspects of the design,
- the physical view, which describes the mapping(s) of the software onto the hardware and reflects its distributed aspect,
- the development view, which describes the static organization of the software in its development environment.
- The description of an architecture—the decisions made—can be organized around these four views, and then illustrated by a few selected use cases, or scenarios which become a fifth view.”
Thanks to the Author – Philippe Kruchten – and IEEE for this invaluable experience paper.